By registering for a class at Oregon Coast Community College, you have incurred a legal obligation to pay all tuition, fees, and any other charges relating to your enrollment, even if your charges are being paid by another party. Unless you officially drop your courses within the full refund period each term, you are obligated to make payment by the due date published in the relevant college publications.
Late Payment Fee
A late payment fee of $50 will be charged if your account is not paid in full (or an installment plan is not set up) by Friday of the first week of classes. Financial aid applicants who have received an award letter by Friday of the first week of classes will have their late fee waived. During the summer term this deadline is moved to Thursday the first week of classes.
Payments may be made by any of the following methods:
- Credit Cards: Discover Card, VISA & MasterCard
- Cash: US funds only
- Checks: Personal checks, travelers checks, cashiers checks, and money orders are accepted. Make check payable to Oregon Coast Community College. A $25 charge and all collection costs, including court costs, will be charged on returned checks. After receiving two returned checks from you, all future payments must be made by cash, credit card, or cashiers check. Personal checks will no longer be accepted. Returned checks of any nature, including NSF and stop payment, do not cancel your financial obligation for payment.
- Financial Aid: Present a signed Attendance Verification Form to Student Services at the time you pick up your funding, but not later than 10 days after the funding has been applied to your account. You may monitor this by checking your "account history" at myOCCC.
- Alternate Funding Source: Present official payment authorization to Sharon Hahn, Accounts Receivable/Bookstore Manager (541-867-8523), by the payment due date or late charges will be assessed and/or the account will be sent to collections.
Installment Payment Plan (Deferred Payment Plan)
The College offers an installment payment plan to help you meet your tuition expenses more easily. You can arrange for a payment plan at the Central Campus or North Campus Student Services Center or on-line at myOCCC. Any student may participate in the Installment Payment Plan, except those noted below. If you qualify, the following conditions apply:
- you must register using your social security number
- a $20 processing fee will be charged
- a minimum payment of 1/3 plus the $20 processing fee must be made by Friday of the first week of classes
- the remaining balance, after down payment, will be divided into two equal installments. A late payment charge of $25 will be added to the outstanding balance for each installment that is not made by the due date
- any balance remaining on the last day of the term may immediately be referred to a collection agency, the Oregon Department of Revenue, or an attorney for collection. Collection and/or attorney fees will be added to the outstanding balance
- any balance due may be deducted from all financial assistance or scholarships awarded to you
- you will not be allowed to register for subsequent terms until your account is paid in full
NOTE: The Installment Payment Plan is not available to:
- students receiving full funding from financial assistance, scholarships, or alternate source
- students owing less than $100