Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT) in Business
If your goal is to earn a four-year degree in business administration, you can complete your first two years of coursework at OCCC and then transfer your college credits to a business program at a university.
This new and unique degree satisfies the lower division requirements for four-year Oregon universities, prepares the business student for admission to the business school of the university as a junior and confers a two-year OCCC associates degree in business to graduates. It's a direct path to a bachelors degree in business!
Students are encouraged to check with the receiving institution as well as your OCCC advisor for the most accurate and timely transfer requirement information.
Students who complete this degree should be able to:
1. Communicate effectively by determining the purpose, audience and context of communication, and respond to feedback to improve clarity, coherence and effectiveness in workplace, community and academic pursuits.
2. Apply scientific, cultural and political perspectives to natural and social systems and use an understanding of social change and social action to address the consequences of local and global human activity.
3. Identify and investigate problems, evaluate information and its sources, and use appropriate methods of reasoning to develop creative and practical solutions to personal, professional and community issues.
4. Use an understanding of the variations in human culture, perspectives and forms of expression to constructively address issues that arise out of cultural differences in the workplace and community
5. Demonstrate and apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to enter and succeed in a defined profession or advanced academic program.
6. Assess, examine and reflect on one’s own academic skill, professional competence and personal beliefs and how these impact others.
7. Transfer into an upper division baccalaureate degree program in Business at any institution in the Oregon University System offering a Business degree, having met all lower division general education requirements and being granted junior standing for both for the Business major and for university registration purposes.
The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer in Business degree is designed for students planning to transfer credits to any Oregon University System (OUS) school and seek entry into that institution’s business program. Students completing the ASOT-BUS degree will have met the lower-division General Education requirements of the OUS institution’s baccalaureate degree programs. Students transferring will have junior status for registration purposes.
Admission to the business school of an OUS institution is not guaranteed upon completion of the ASOT-BUS degree. Some institutuions have specific requirements for admissions to their business program. Examples include:a higher minimum GPA requirement; a requirement that specific courses within the ASOT-BUS degree be taken for a letter grade (meaning that courses taken P/NP will not be accepted); or additional coursework. It is strongly recommended that students contact the specific OUS institution business program early in the first term of their ASOT-BUS program to be advised of additional requirements.
The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer in Business is awarded to students who meet the following requirements:
Basic Competency Requirements for writing and math will be met by successfully completing these courses. The Information Literacy requirement is satisfied by successful completion of the Writing courses.
Each OUS school has different requirements for its Business program; in some cases, meeting the minimum requirements of the ASOT-BUS degree will not fulfill the eligibility requirements for admission to the school’s business program. Examples of eligibility requirements include: a higher minimum GPA for admission than is required for the ASOT-BUS; a requirement that specific courses within the ASOT-BUS degree be taken for a letter grade (courses taken P/NP will not be accepted); or additional coursework beyond that included in the ASOT-BUS. Please refer to your school’s website for additional courses beyond the minimum requirements for the ASOT-BUS degree.